Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sheep

I made this sheep and lamb for our Easter table. Kitten LOVES them and I think they are quite adorable as well. The only downside is that they are very fragile and tolerate only gentle handling, which Kitten is not always capable of and I have to rescue them. Which in turn produces screaming and stomping. Oh well, most of the time they are happily nibbling away on moss or wheat grass. They were made by winding wool rowing around wire frame. Mom is about 5 inches long and the baby is only about 2 1/2. If you want directions, excellent ones are found in Toymaking With Children (although I have an older edition, I am pretty sure the content is the same). It would be so fun to have a whole flock of them and add a shepherd. They also will fit well on Christmas nature table.
It was hard to photograph them because they are white, so I am including another picture. I could not decide which one shows them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment