Tuesday, March 1, 2011

St. Patrick sensory box

St. Patrick's Day is March 17 and I made a new sensory box today to honor it! The base is split green peas (they feel so nice, smooth and cold) with an addition of green and gold coins.
Kitten was very excited even in the store while I was loading 5 bags of peas in the cart. And when I got them out she just run and run her hands through it.
Scooping and spooning. Baby doll is having fun as well!
I cut a slit in a plastic lid of an empty container and she had to find coins that I hid in peas and put them in the container. She loved it and did not stop until she found all of them.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for s sensory box! I was just trying to think of something green to do with my son. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found it useful! How old is your son?

    ReplyDelete