Thursday, March 24, 2011

Banana Nut Bread

Kitten and I love this bread, it is very moist and just the right sweetness, we usually eat it with butter and even my picky husband says that it is very good (believe me, this is a very high praise!). It also lends itself well for cooking with a toddler and is very easy and quick. What's not to love?

Ingredients:
1/4 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 large overripe bananas
1.5 cups flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup buttermilk (I use dry buttermilk powder with water)
1/3 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)

Preheat oven to 325F. Beat together butter and sugar, add an egg and mashed bananas. 

Beat well again. Add flour mixed with baking powder, then add buttermilk and mix well. Stir in nuts.

Transfer into greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until wooden stick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable in her banana outfit! :P Thanks for the recipe; I don't have a toddler, but might use it nevertheless ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe!

    Kitten is a little older than my youngest, and I love all the stuff you have her do! I'm going to borrow some ideas and let her play and experiment some more. She'll love it. (I have grown out of little kid mode, and into big kid mode and have forgotten all I did with my oldest! LOL! So thank you!)

    ReplyDelete