Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May Day celebration

Since Kitten's birthday falls on May Day, I did not do anything extra in addition to our birthday celebration. However, I did make a couple of decorations, that I wanted to share with you. On our nature table the grotto was replaced with a maypole. To make it I took a dowel, finished it with my beeswax-oil finish, glued 6 rainbow colored ribbons on top, using a hot glue gun, and added several paper flowers from Hobby Lobby. They have long wire stems and I just wound them under the ribbons on the pole. It is positioned in a ceramic pot filled with stones and covered with moss.
I also made another hanging decoration instead of the cockerel, the dancers around the Maypole. The flowers on the wreaths are made with scrunched tissue paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment